Out of the Games Cupboard

A random assortment of reflections, musings and a running commentary on life.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Last Weekend

We've had a hectic week mainly due to Ellie developing chicken pox (or 'cocoa pops' as she originally called them!). As a result I have not posted for awhile, although I have kept 'In the Games Cupboard' upto date.

Mal did come around last Friday and enjoyed tortillas with us. Ellie loved playing with him and he brought her a Balamory DVD which she curled up to watch with him. She was really excited to see him and was most sad when he wasn't there on Saturday morning.

We did get to play Diamant. Mal did enjoy this after he got his head around the rules. Lisa had a disastrous second game and then went off to bed (not in a grump though!). Mal and I then spent several hours playing Pitchcars. Mal loved this! We made several tracks and Mal has taken an early lead in our Lifetime Grand Prix World Championship type thing. I had a couple of beers which didn't improve my 'flicking' technique!

On Saturday evening Mal Ellie-minded whilst Lisa and I went to Spencer's birthday party. We had a great time. It was our first social engagement for quite sometime out of the house. We really enjoyed meeting up with friends and meeting a few new people. It was particularly pleasant to finally meet Steer's sister, Nichola. Steer made an appearance despite everyone thinking he was in London! Spencer's partner, Jessica, had prepared gorgeous and yummy food and looked radiantly pregnant! I made a fairly silly 'meeple' card for Spence and had to apologise as his birthday present has not yet arrived....

On Sunday we met the child we are hoping to be linked with through the Sharing Care scheme. This went really well and we can't wait to see him again. Afterwards Ellie asked if he could come and play with her again. Such a sweetie! We then went to Pizza Hut and gorged ourselves on the all you can eat buffet....I surprised myself with just how much I could eat...no wonder I'm overweight! Lisa and I realised how stressed we'd been about the Sharing Care thing and felt able to relax now that everything seems to be progressing....

On Monday I had the day off and I went to Ikea with Mal. We both enjoyed this. I think my tastes (or their's?) must be changing. I didn't like many of the room set-ups whereas I used to want to move in. Once again it was great to spend time with Mal..and we had a doughnut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home