Out of the Games Cupboard

A random assortment of reflections, musings and a running commentary on life.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

My vestigial tail

I might have broken my vestigial tail! I have had a pain in my coccyx-region for a few months. Certain chairs seemed to aggravate this and the pain would worsen when I stood up. I was prescribed painkillers awhile ago and was told that I had probably bruised the area. All seemed manageable. Earlier this week I attended a training course and spent most of the day on a fairly uncomfortable chair. This brought the pain flooding back and nowe every chair is somewhere between uncomfortable and agonising.

On Friday I returned to the doctors to have my bottom felt! Whilst initially pleasurable when the doctor touched the painful bit I thought I was going to vomit...once I'd been prised off the ceiling. She concluded that I've probably broken something. She went on to say that its almost impossible to do that but I seem to have managed it. I have to go for an x-ray next week to confirm this. If it is broken then I will need steroidal shots 'into the area' (which sounds ominous) and physiotherapy...although there can't be that many exercises you can do with your bottom! If it isn't broken then I will probably need to continue with pain relief and bottom-exercises until it goes away.

The part of this I find really frustrating is that I don't know how I injured it in the first place! I haven't fallen on my bottom for years (honest!). I don't remember backing into anything pointy bottom-first or colliding with anything from the rear. I guess it will remain a mystery.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Custancia said...

I just wish the GP had prescribed you better painkillers which didn't interact in such as way that I needed to call the out of hours GP on Sunday!

Anyway, I still love you, even if you are falling apart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home