Out of the Games Cupboard

A random assortment of reflections, musings and a running commentary on life.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pirates!

Today, September 19th, is apparently International Talk Like A Pirate Day! I had read a passing comment about this on Boardgamegeek but I didn't realise that it is a recognised event, now in its fourth year. I have decided that next year I will take it more seriously and learn more appropriate piratical phrases. I will also arrange to play a pirate-related game with friends. If anyone is interested in finding out more then a good starting place appears to be http://www.yarr.org.uk/. This site features a Pirate's Dictionary.... and a link to the US site leads to Pirate Name Generators. According to one I am now 'Legless Harley Jones'...so ye be rememberin' this shipmates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home