Out of the Games Cupboard

A random assortment of reflections, musings and a running commentary on life.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

... the story so far ...

I have not posted for awhile as I've not had the time. This may sound strange given that I'm not at work currently but sometimes I wonder how I found the time to go to work!

Since my last post Lisa, Ellie and I had a fabulous long weekend at Center Parcs with Lisa, Richard and baby Emma. They were really good company and we all got along well. Ellie loved all the grown up attention, the squirrels and swimming. She did much of the latter, including going in deep water during the waves and going down the rapids ride with us.

Monday night games sessions have still been taking place and have been good fun. (Lisa and I even took a few games to Center Parcs with us which Lisa and Richard enjoyed playing!). I have lent Carcassonne and the two expansions I've created to Greg for some independent playtesting so I feel that is moving forward again. I have started designing cards for another game based on Canasta. Whilst I can explain how to play this I am having a hard time writing the rules!

I had my 33rd birthday.. which was nice! Thank you all for cards and presents.

We went to see some friends in Leeds we haven't seen for a few months. It was lovely to catch up with them, spend time with them and eat the lovely meal they prepared!

Ellie and I have stepped up a gear making Christmas gifts. I will be starting on the cards shortly....I seem to remember promising myself that I wouldn't leave it until December again this year and...what do you know...its nearly December. Maybe I'll try again next year!

I am still having some neurological problems. I am still seeing my GP and the neuro psychologist regularly. The appointment with the Consultant Neurologist has been pushed back to January, although my GP is trying to get this changed. I may still lose my job. I am still unsure how to feel about this and whether to take the opportunity to be a 'stay at home dad' for a while.

So, life continues. I should get back into the habit of posting more regularly now... but.... we'll have to see how it goes!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves at Center Parcs. Eleanor is definitely a water-baby and such good fun to be with.

Don't worry about your job. There will be plenty more where that came from when you are fully recovered and ready to continue your career. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if you find a much better opportunity to use your many innovative and creative gifts. Somewhere, out there, something special may be waiting for you...

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jackson Pope said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know (I don't think), so Happy Birthday, and I apologise for the lack of card and pressie :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home