Out of the Games Cupboard

A random assortment of reflections, musings and a running commentary on life.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Yesterday...

I had a great day yesterday. Eleanor spent the day with me, as is now our routine. She was in a lovely mood all day. We went swimming, collecting leaves for another leaf picture on the way. We did animal impressions and played shop in the pool. She then played in the padded area at the gym before declaring herself hungry and tired. We then went home, with Ellie enjoying a tube of Smarties on the way (of which she dropped about half but didn't seem to mind!).

We then made beans and toast. Ellie went to sit down halfway through then came and asked me to sit with her. She put her arms around me and said she needed a cuddle. So sweet!

She then went for a nap without any fuss. Lisa S and Baby Emma then came around for a cup of tea and a gossip. Emma is on the verge of crawling and demonstrated her ability to crawl backwards! She is so beautiful! When Ellie awoke she enjoyed fussing over Emma - trying to explain how her toys worked to her. Ellie then helped me tidy and organise dinner once Lisa and Emma had left.

Lisa then came home earlier than expected and we all had dinner together. We then took Ellie for a bath and spent ages playing with measuring cups and getting very wet in the process. Ellie gave me a hug and a kiss before heading for bed.

Earlier in the day my friend Jack had posted pictures of the game he created, published, and is now selling 'Border Reivers'. The photos show the prototype pieces made of Fimo (they are now commercially produced wooden pieces - which are fantastic!) and just made me feel....happy! I think the happiness was for Jack; he has really done well with this game and I am in awe of him seeing it through from idea to production and beyond. As a result of this I suggested a quick two-player game of 'Border Reivers' before Lisa went swimming. Lisa agreed and we happily played a game (I won!).

On top of this my Christmas Craft Campaign is going well and is only now a little behind schedule. If it wasn't for the visual spectacle of Gladiator which kept distracting me from painting I would be on schedule! Still...good film.

That reminds me... my friend Mal rang to say that he had watched a film I recommended and thoroughly enjoyed it. He went on to say that everything I had said about it was spot on. Of course, I can't now remember what I did say about it but it must have been fairly accurate! (If you were wondering the film is a Russian sort-of-horror called Nightwatch. It is the first part of a trilogy and has been compared to The Matrix; I think it has the potential to be much better. I strongly recommend it).

Best of all though was that I've taught Ellie what Hobbits are! When asked 'who lives in a hole in the ground' she replies: "I do, with a hobbit!" I'm so proud.

So even in the midst of neorological problems, financial worries, job-losing possibilities and the stresses of Christmas I can still have a fabulous day! Now, if I can just get Ellie to do a Gollum impersonation....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home